|Programme Name:||New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic)|
|Specialised Area:||English language (academic listening, speaking, reading and writing)|
|Programme Level:||NZQF Level 4 (NZQA qualification number 1883)|
|NZQA accreditation listing||https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers/course-accreditations.do?providerId=757549001&delSiteInd=0|
|Programme Credits:||60 credits|
|Number of papers:||2 papers (30 credits for each paper)|
|Programme Length:||4-5 months|
|Tuition fee (International):||$5,400|
|Tuition fee (Domestic):||Please contact us|
NZCEL Programme Aim
The NZCEL programme equips learners of English as an additional language with the language skills required to communicate with independence and fluency in academic contexts within New Zealand and other English-speaking territories.
Graduates will possess the general English language skills required to:
– contextualise and understand moderately complex academic texts;
– analyse and conceptualise moderately complex academic texts;
– participate clearly and effectively in academic discussions;
– write detailed and well-articulated academic work.
Graduates will reach a level comparable to the IELTS 6.0 or Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) mid B2.
Continue on to study the New Zealand Diploma in Business (NZDB, Level 5).
Who Should Enrol?
- International students who want to obtain a New Zealand qualification in Academic English;
- Students want to build a solid foundation for future academic excellence;
- Students who are interested in meeting the entry criteria for our NZDB Level 5 programme, or programmes of study offered elsewhere.
Applicants must possess:
- IELTS 5.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all bands) or equivalent (NZQA reference: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/our-role/legislation/nzqa-rules/nzqf-related- rules/the-table/);
- New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Applied) Level 3.
NZCEL Programme Structure
The New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 4) programme is a 60-credit programme, consisting of two compulsory 30-credit courses:
The two courses are compulsory and must be completed in order to gain the qualification:
1. NZCEL 401 Academic Listening and Speaking (30 credits)
2. NZCEL 402 Academic Reading and Writing (30 credits)
Intake Schedule for the 2019 academic year
Intakes for the 2019 academic year are on:
- 11 March 2019
- 1 July 2019
- 21 October 2019
Immigration New Zealand Work Rights
International students are required to hold a valid Immigration New Zealand Student visa.