|Programme Name:||New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Applied)|
|Specialised Area:||English language (applied listening, speaking, reading and writing)|
|Programme Level:||NZQF Level 3 (NZQA qualification number 3667)|
|NZQA accreditation listing||https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers/course-accreditations.do?providerId=757549001&delSiteInd=0|
|Programme Credits:||60 credits|
|Number of papers:||2 papers (30 credits for each paper)|
|Programme Length:||4-5 months|
|Tuition fee (International):||$5,400|
|Tuition fee (Domestic):||Please contact us|
NZCEL Programme Aim
To equip learners of English as an additional language with the skills required to communicate with independence and fluency in academic, community and/or employment English language contexts within New Zealand and other English-speaking territories.
Graduates will possess the applied English language skills required to:
– understand moderately complex applied oral texts;
– participate confidently in applied discussions;
– analyse and conceptualise moderately complex applied texts;
– write well-structured applied work.
Continue at EMS to study the New Zealand Certificate in Business (NZCB, Level 4).
Who Should Enrol?
- International students who want to obtain a New Zealand qualification in applied English;
- Students want to build a solid foundation for future academic excellence;
- Students who are interested in meeting the entry criteria for our NZCB Level 4 or NZDB Level 5 programme, or programmes of study offered elsewhere.
Applicants must possess:
- IELTS 4.5 (minimum of 4.0 in all bands) or equivalent (NZQA reference: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/our-role/legislation/nzqa-rules/nzqf-related- rules/the-table/);
- New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General) Level 3; or CEFR High B1.
NZCEL Programme Structure
The New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Applied) (Level 3) is a 60-credit programme, consisting of two compulsory 30-credit courses:
1. NZCEL 301 Applied Listening and Speaking (30 credits)
2. NZCEL 302 Applied Reading and Writing (30 credits)
Intake Schedule for the 2019 academic year
We are offering three intakes in 2019:
- 11 March 2019
- 1 July 2019
- 21 October 2019
Immigration New Zealand Work Rights
International students are required to hold a valid Immigration New Zealand Student visa.