WITH STRANDS IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
NZDB Level 5
Qualification ownership: New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
NZ Qualification Framework reference: NZQF 2459
Credits: 120 credits
Number of courses: 8 courses (15 credits each)
Length: 8-9 months (one academic year)
Academic requirement: high school graduate
English requirement: IELTS 5.5 or NZCEL L3-Applied
Fee: NZ$18,500 (including insurance, Microsoft Office365 license, 25% discount public transport fee) + $500 compulsory e-textbook fees
Work rights: Eligible for up to weekly 20 hours part-time work and full-time work during scheduled vacations
Be eligible to enter the NZ Diploma in Business Level 6 (which may lead to more credits transfer to a business degree or two-year open work visa which provides you a valuable opportunity to build work experience in New Zealand).
May transfer up to 60 credits to a commerce/business degree in a university via our Degree Pathway agreements with average B grade.
Our authorised Degree Pathway Agreements are here.
Who are interested in:
- entering NZDB L6 programme; or
- transferring credits and continuing to study business degree; or
- gaining a level 5 operational business qualification; or
- building solid foundation for academic excellence
Applicants must have:a) Completed University Entrance, which requires:
14 credits at NCEA Level 3 in three different approved subjects.
10 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher in English or Maori (5 in reading, 5 in writing).
10 credits at NCEA Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau.orb) A total of 50 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher including: At least 12 credits in three different subjects.
Your 50 credits must also include 8 credits in English or Teo Reo Maori (4 in reading, 4 in writing); and
14 credits at NCEA Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the Directory of Assessment Standards.
c) A qualification equivalent to 50 credits at NCEA Level 2.
International students for whom English is not a first language must either have:
a) Met the English language proficiency outcomes defined below:
IELTS 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or any equivalent;
b) Completed two years study at a NZ secondary school and achieved either NCEA Level 3 or New Zealand University Entrance or both.
c) NZ Certificate in English language NZCEL L3-Applied qualification
The purpose of the NZDB Level 5 programme is to provide Aotearoa New Zealand with people who have general and specialised knowledge and skills that can be applied in a range of operational roles.
The overall aim of this programme is to transform learners by equipping them with knowledge, essential business skills, attitudes and values underpinning key leadership and management functions in typical business environments. The programme also aims to provide New Zealand business entities with people who are, or can be, employed in management roles at an operational level and who can contribute to the management and leadership of business entities to achieve agreed objectives and achieve the entity’s objectives at an operational level in a bi-cultural and multi-cultural environment.
Apply knowledge of the principles and practices of operations, accounting, sales/marketing, human resources, and risk management to support the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the entity. Contribute in operational contexts to innovation and organisational change within a business entity.
Total credits: 120 creditsEach course: 15 credits
• 11 March 2019 (two weeks intake break)
• 01 July 2019 (two weeks intake break)
• 21 October 2019 (two weeks intake break and one month break over Christmas and New Year)
• 9 March 2020 (two weeks intake break)
• 29 July 2020 (two weeks intake break)
• 19 October 2020 (two weeks intake break and one month break over Christmas and New Year)
Immigration New Zealand requires all students to hold valid visa to begin studying a course. EMS accepts up to three-week late arrivals and recommends:
• off-shore applicants to submit visa application at least 8 weeksprior to the start date
• on-shore applicants to submit visa application at least 5 weeks prior to the start date
1. Rolling intake structure saves time and money for students
2. Save up to $3,000 if you also study our NZCEL programme/s
3. Our authorised Degree Pathways provide choices to meet your ever-changing situation
4. Small-sized class with stronger personalised support may increase pass rate and students’ well-being
5. Stimulated business practical component for applying the knowledge and skills learnt in the classroom
6. Complementary IELTS training
7. Leads to two-year open work visa opportunity after NZDB L6 to gain valuable work experience in New Zealand
1. NZDB Level 5 to NZDB Level 6
2. NZDB Level 5 to University Commerce Degree
3. NZDB Level 5 to Polytechnic Business Degree