|Programme Name:||New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strand in Leadership and Management)|
|Specialised Area:||Business, Leadership, and Management|
|Programme Level:||NZQF Level 6 (NZQA qualification number 2460)|
|NZQA accreditation listing||http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers/course-accreditations.do?providerId=757549001&delSiteInd=0|
|Programme Credits:||120 credits|
|Number of papers:||8 papers (15 credits for each paper)|
|Programme Length:||8-9 months|
|Complimentary University/Polytechnic credit transfer:||Available to all students on the programme|
|Pathway to:||Massey University Business School’s Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Retail and Business Management|
|AUT’s Bachelor of Business|
The New Zealand Diploma in Business is a widely-studied, nationally recognised qualification that enables students to gain a broad range of general business skills and knowledge. It provides students with the opportunity to focus on career-related specialisations in management, accountancy, banking, marketing and tourism.
The programme consists of eight papers:
- 6200 Strategic Business Planning
- 6201 Facilitating Business Innovation and Change
- 6202 Managing Business Environmental Factors
- 6210 Applied Leadership and Management
- 6211 Leadership for Business Transformation
- 6212 Managing Business Resources
- 6213 Planning and Managing Business Finances
- 6214 Leading and Managing Projects
Graduates of the New Zealand Diploma in Business will be employable in a range of diverse business and organisational roles. As a graduate you will be able to:
- utilise a wide range of business skills;
- apply interpersonal and communication skills;
- apply critical problem solving skills with initiative and judgement;
- recognise ethical and cultural issues inherent in decision making;
- work independently and within teams of diverse people.
|Academic Pathway||Employment Pathway||ELITE USA Transfer|
|It is possible to transfer credits from the New Zealand Diploma in Business to Bachelor degree programmes in New Zealand, however the amount of credit that can be transferred depends on the subject you plan to study, and the credit transfer policy of the institution in which you wish to study.||Students studying full-time for their New Zealand Diploma in Business are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week while studying. On graduation, students are eligible to apply for a one-year open Post-Study Work Visa (PSWV-Open).||Students graduating with a New Zealand Diploma in Business from Elite Management School are eligible to transfer 240 credits to our partner in San Francisco, USA. Study for two further years to complete a US Bachelor Degree.|
Who Should Enrol?
- High school graduates interested in entering a cost-effective, two-year programme that will enable entry level employment in New Zealand in a business, commerce, accounting or marketing field.
- Students who do not yet meet the IELTS 6.0 English language entry criteria for Bachelor Degree study.
- Students interested in taking an academic pathway and transferring up to 120 credits and continuing to study at a university in New Zealand (at the discretion of the university).
Students must be:
- at least 18 years old; and
- an overseas high school graduate, or
- studying at a New Zealand High School, gaining the following NCEA credits:
- 14 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy
- 50 credits NCEA Level 2, with at least 12 credits in each of three approved subjects
- minimum 8 approved literacy credits – 4 credits reading, 4 credits writing, or have
- equivalent study/work experience.Applicants may be interviewed to assess their suitability for enrolling in this programme.
International students must:
- have an IELTS proficiency level in Academic English at a 6.0 level with no band score lower than 5.5, or
- Pearson (Academic) PToE score of 50, or
- NZCEL Level 4 with the Academic endorsement, or
- TOEFL paper-based (pBT) 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE) , or
- ToEFL computer-based (iBT) 60 (with a writing score of 20), or
- Cambridge FCE, CAE or CPE, with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill, or
- Cambridge Occupational English Test (OET) at Grade C in all sub-tests, or
- City & Guilds IESOL B2 Communicator with a score of 66
Elite Management School provides an NZQA-approved alternative internal English proficiency assessment to eligible applicants.
Intake Schedule for the 2018 academic year
We offer three intakes per year. Our “intake clock” defines clearly the delivery activities we take in each week. It ensures that you are in control of your learning progression or any catch-up required. By following our intake schedule, most students will be able to complete the NZDB Level 6 programme in 9 months. Many students take this programme after completing the NZDB Level 5 programme. In most cases, students can expect to complete both qualifications in 18 months.
We offer the following intakes and start dates in 2018:
- 2 July 2018
- 22 October 2018
Immigration New Zealand Work Rights
International students are required to hold a valid Immigration New Zealand Student visa.
Students studying the New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 6 will be:
- eligible to work part-time up to 20 hours per week and full-time work during scheduled vacations while studying; and
- eligible for one year open Post-Study Work Visa on graduation (It leads to two-year Post-Study Work Visa with employer sponsorship); and
- gaining 40 points under the Skilled Migrants category
- gaining additional 30 bonus points for employment in regions outside Auckland.