NZCEL Level 3-Applied
Qualification ownership: New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
NZ Qualification Framework reference: NZQF 3667
Credits: 60 credits
Number of courses: 2 courses (30 credits each)
Length: 4 months (half an academic year)
Academic requirement: N/A
English requirement: IELTS 5.0 or NZCEL L3-General
Fee: NZ$5,750 + insurance
Work rights: Eligible for up to weekly 20 hours part-time work and full-time work during scheduled vacations if studying 24 or more weeks with IELTS 5.0
Be eligible to enter the NZ Diploma in Business Level 5 .
Be eligible to enter the NZCEL Level 4-Academic.
Who are interested in:
- entering NZ Diploma Level 5 programme; or
- building solid academic English skills.
Applicants must have:a) IELTS 5.0:
orb) Pearson PTE 42 with no band score lower than 36.
orc) Pass EMS’ internal language test.ord) NZ Certificate in English language NZCEL L3-General qualification
This programme aims to produce graduates who have the applied language skills required to participate with increasing independence and fluency in academic, community and/or employment English language contexts.Graduate Outcomes
Graduates will possess the applied English language skills required to:
– understand moderately complex applied oral texts;
– participate confidently in applied discussions;
– analyse and conceptualise moderately complex applied texts;
– write well-structured applied works.Graduates will reach a level comparable to the IELTS 5.5 or Common European Framework of Reference CEFR Low B2..
Total credits: 60 creditsEach course: 30 credits
Immigration New Zealand requires all students to hold valid visa to begin studying a course. EMS accepts up to three-week late arrivals and recommends:
1. “Free” English tuition for intermediate level via our $8,000 Degree Pathway Scholarship
2. Prepare for two outcomes: weekly 23 hours NZCEL tuition and 20 hours IELTS guidance. Students are expected to be well-prepared for reaching both NZCEL L3 and IELTS 6.0 (e.g., writing exam for NZCEL L3 is 300 words; IELTS is 250 words)
3. Small-sized class with stronger personalised support which may increase pass rate and students’ well-being
1. NZCEL L3-Applied to NZDB Level 52. NZCEL L3-Applied to NZCEL L4-Academic..