|Programme Name:||IELTS Examination Preparation – Intensive Academic ESOL Programme|
|Specialised Area:||Intensive English language training for specific purposes – most commonly to meet the English entry criteria for enrolment in academic study, or to meet the English language requirements for a specific job such as teaching or nursing, or when applying for Permanent Residency|
|Programme Levels:||Intermediate to advanced|
|Programme Length:||Approximately 12 weeks (3 months) study per IELTS band (i.e. To progress from IELTS 5.0 to IELTS 5.5 may take up to 3 months of study).|
|2018 price list:||Programme Price List|
|Pathway to ELITE Programme||Pathway to a New Zealand university, polytechnic or private training establishment||Immigration application requirement|
|Students achieving IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0) and who meet academic entry criteria are eligible to enter Elite Management School’s New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5).||Students achieving IELTS 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5) and who meet academic entry criteria are eligible to apply for Level 7 degree programmes at any university, polytechnic or private training establishment based in New Zealand. Students wishing to apply for a postgraduate programme at Level 8 or above will require IELTS 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0).||Students wishing to apply to live permanently in New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant category require an IELTS 6.5 (all bands). EMS is able to provide classroom-based and private tuition to help you meet this goal.|
Who Should Enrol?
EMS welcomes applications from individuals who:
- need to meet English language entry criteria for EMS programmes of study;
- want to develop their English language proficiency to prepare for further academic study at any university, polytechnic or private training establishment in New Zealand;
- wish to apply for employment in New Zealand as a teacher or a nurse (both requiring IELTS 7.0 in all bands).
- IELTS 4.5 or equivalent.
- Applicants may be interviewed to assess their suitability for the programme;
- Elite Management School provides an entry test for placement into an the appropriate level of IELTS training.
Elite Management School’s IELTS Examination Preparation course prepares you for the IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) test. IELTS is the benchmark English language test used by most New Zealand tertiary providers to confirm that your command of English is proficient for academic study. IELTS test results are accepted and recognised by all universities and colleges in New Zealand, and by, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies.
- IELTS examination techniques & vocabulary lessons: The IELTS test has four sections: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. To succeed in all four sections, students must understand the vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structure that examiners are looking for.
- IELTS Listening: Use step-by-step instructions and plenty of practice tests to teach you how to listen attentively and answer different question types. You’ll learn about the questions and question formats to expect in the IELTS Listening test, what the Listening test is all about , and get expert tips to help you pass the test..
- IELTS Reading: How to understand a reading text and find information quickly and efficiently. Your teachers will guide you through many different question types and how to answer them. You’ll find out what to expect in the Reading test, how to approach the different sections, and you’ll get plenty of expert tips and practice tests to fine tune your reading skills.
- IELTS Writing: Tutorials focus on improving your academic writing skills, and on the planning of written answers. You will learn what to expect in the IELTS Writing test, what type of writing will be required, how to write in a clear and focused manner, and will learn valuable time management skills to ensure that you don’t run out of time in the written section of the IELTS test.
- IELTS Speaking: Lessons focus on confident comprehension and responses to spoken sentences and dialogue. You’ll learn what questions to expect in the Speaking test, how to prepare, and what the examiner is looking for.
2018 class schedule
Classes begin every Monday of the year, except during the two week Christmas holiday closure.
There is a minimum enrolment period of two weeks.
Weekly one-on-one (1:1) session
Your tutor will meet with you for 15 minutes each week to discuss your progress and give you specific feedback to ensure you continue to improve throughout the course.
Private IELTS Sessions
EMS offers additional one-on-one private sessions, or small-group intensive tuition that is very effective in perfecting the areas of the IELTS exam preparation. Private session tuition is customised to the needs of the individual students and focuses on enhancing learning at all levels. Private and small-group sessions are held on the EMS premises during work hours or after-hours in the evenings as required.
Private tuition is charged at an hourly rate. A minimum of six hours’ enrolment is required.
Immigration New Zealand Work Rights
Students enrolled in the IELTS Exam Preparation course will be eligible to work while studying in New Zealand if they hold either of the following visas:
- Working holiday visa holder: eligible to enrol to study for up to 3 months;
- Student visa holder: eligible to work up to 20 hours per week once a VOC is permitted by Immigration New Zealand. IELTS 5.0 is required.